Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gah! Stop me from visiting ebay.

Pin It I really need to stop looking at vintage patterns on ebay. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I picked and choosed specific patterns I want. But I persist in putting into the search field "vintage pattern lot". So I get things like this in the mail...


Giant boxes filled with this....



Yes. That would be 180+ patterns in my giant cereal box. I really have to stop the madness. I'm spending more time sorting and organizing my patterns than I am sewing anything. Enough. I just have to put it to the side while I try to get my blocks done for next weekends BOM (block of month) class.

On a side note, I have jury duty this coming week. So, I will be either sitting and reading in the jury room waiting to be called, or I will be sitting and trying to pay attention during an actual case. I really hope I don't get put on a case. One good thing, the jury waiting room has wifi, so I'll be able to play Farmville (another habit I need to break) and generally goof around on the computer. It is a good thing that I don't drink or smoke, my other bad habits make up for it though.

Anyone else have any bad habits they want to confess too?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

;-))) Id love to see those what those patterns are in your box ;-)) Farmville i went through a faze of that a couple of years ago during the winter months it was addictive. Good luck this week, dee x

ice pink stars said...

Aaaaahh!!! I would faint if a box that lovely arrived at my door! :D I do hope you plan on showing us a few pictures of what you received? heehee :)

Wow. I only have about a handful of vintage patterns, but have been wanting to build my collection more and more. I've bought sewing patterns from Ebay, but mostly new-ish ones. Are there any tips you can give about sorting through the auction lots of vintage patterns? There are soooo many and I never know which ones seem like a good deal, and which deals I should avoid. I know some sellers mark up the prices sky high. And some sellers never include details like what condition the actual pattern is in, or if it is cut. I'd love to hear some advice on Ebay shopping for vintage patterns.. if you don't mind?

Good luck during jury duty. You're right.. The wifi will definitely help! Facebook games do make the time go by faster :)

sparkledonkey said...

A box like that would be a dream! I tend to buy single patterns from eBay or Etsy when I have the inspiration for a project, but I think buying a vintage lot would be super fun.

I'm with ice pink stars - please post pictures of your favorites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...